Monday, April 22, 2019

Poem: Saints Way, Odiorne, Massabesic

Saints Way, Odiorne, Massabesic


I set foot on the path, an act of faith,
one before the other, here, there.
I know the way, or find it as I go.
I follow my lead.
Monhegan, Adams Point, Plum Island

At times I view a printed page, folded,
creased, a talisman. If there are signs,
they ease my way, tho I may seek
guidance, then ignore it.
I'm not alone.
Great Bay, Pisgah, The Skyline Trail

Here there are signs, "Beware of Bears",
they're just black ones though...
I sing, and clap my hands
above my head. The birds don't mind,
They sing along.
Antigonish, Chignecto, Fairmont Ridge

Herons, loons, peepers in bogs.
A Great Horned owl flys before me
on the trail, from tree to tree.
This is the way.
Walden Pond, Cathedral Woods, Silk Farm



By: Paula Marston                                                 
4/22/19                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.