Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Poem: I Try To See Beauty Where It Lives

I Try To See Beauty Where It Lives


I try to see beauty where it lives,
its just too hard to fake it. Through
a door open or window closed,
the stair beyond to take it,
around and down, or up so high,
I know I'll never make it come back
to me, and mind it's ways.

So let it twist and let it squirm,
it's colors and shapes affirm,
if it's made its bed to lie in
or woven wings to fly in.

Those wings of gold and silver mesh
that soar and swoop above our heads,
so far and wide it's will be known,
and we alone are filled with dread.

That never shall we see again, this
beauty, this art, this purity of heart,
that comes just once, then falters.


By: Paula Marston                                                      
4/16/19                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.