Friday, April 12, 2019

Poem: A Sunday Afternoon

A Sunday Afternoon 




On a Sunday afternoon, when the cold air seeps in through the cracks in the wall,
I sit among the purples, reds and blues waiting for you to call.
You have left you say to a place where I cannot go.
It’s your revenge or idea of an independent show.
So I wait alone and left inside with nothing more 
to read except the T.V. Guide..
I wait thinking that I can survive.
My strength for the moment needs to reside,
in the sunset and your sure return.. And
just as I’m about to leave with a note of farewell,
your key in the lock assures me and my doubt does dispel.
The smiles are there and my breathing resumes.
“Where are we?” you ask, in a triumphant voice. 
“Who are we?” I respond, with the glee of rejoice,
on a Sunday afternoon.

By: Ann Carol Koermer                              
 4/12/19                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.