Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Morning After Christmas



Twas the morning after Christmas
And all through the house
The children were sleeping
All quiet as a mouse.

The stockings we had hung
By the fireplace with care
Now look forlorn
Cause there’s just nothing there.

Toys, blocks and legos
Were strewn on the floor
Totally surrounded 
By wrapping paper galore.

I slumped on the sofa
My hangover was bad
As I tried to remember 
How much fun we had.

Then out on the lawn
I heard such a clatter
I stumbled to my feet
To see what was the matter.

I spotted Santa getting out
Of a big limousine
The look on his face
Was the worst I had ever seen.

He looked at me sadly
With a shake of his head
“You ain’t gonna believe
What my GPS said.”

“Nothing in this world can 
Make me get over my stress
Many presents I delivered
Were to the wrong address.”

“They want me to fix this
Now, today.
I’ve got news for them
I ain’t gonna play.”

“There’s a new outfit in town
That can take over my chore
You probably know it already
It’s called Amazon store.”






No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.