Monday, April 12, 2021

Poem: Lost & Found

I search for a memory

Down the dusty corridors of my mind.

Past undistinguished boxes

And grey, unfocused shapes.


This is a memory I should know right away.

But can't retrieve it now when I need it.

I concentrate as I move through aisles

Of nothing particular.


Fuzzy piles of…stuff

But not what I want.


It should be around here;

I can almost get it.

I know it’s nearby.

Frustrated, I stop,

Think hard, and hard, then relax.


Like a text message

It suddenly appears,

Sharpening itself

So I can see it.


Finally!

That was an experience I am too familiar with,

And feelings of concern temporarily occupy the light.


Time to move on,

Everything back to normal.


                                         by George Kauffman                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.