Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Poem: Post Mortem

Post Mortem

You enter my front door
a big-bear unmade-bed of a man
your boundaries bristling
ready to fend off the attack
of desire, the generous impulse
or the moment of grace.

Fear makes you stingy
It’s the boy in you who’s in charge now
The boy is awkward, uncomfortable with
The woman you have chosen

so you retreat behind the boy shield
that I cannot penetrate with my sex
my will, or my caring.
I’m too powerful for the boy,
and his anxiety congeals the hot blood of your desire

You are no match for the boy, either
You don’t know this, but I do.
I know the inaccessible come in many disguises,
yours the beguiling, impulsive, disheveled boy
eager to please, ready to disclose and reveal,
but afraid he won’t know where he stops and I begin.

Mother and father, both so distant, nurtured my radar for man-boys.
I always find them.
                                                             

                                                             by  Mirinda Kossoff



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.