Thursday, February 3, 2011

Poem: For B.



For B.

Yes, I know
anguish (yours?), despair (yours?)
as reflected in the funhouse mirror
of my mind, the rollercoaster
of emotions, the (oh god)
the freak show—
the fat and bearded lady the dog-faced girl
the Siamese twins (sick fascination)
the geek
the brownian motion of the
crowds crowds crowds
the ballyhoopla carny of the
midway of my mind.
Step right up, folks. See the
anguish and despair.
Oh please oh please
Hold on.
Hang on. No need to cross
my palm with silver.
This I tell you. I promise
yes, this will end / is ending.
the time will come / is coming
of the mad (ssh!) carnival’s
reluctant departure.
Look into my crystal ball.
Look deep into my eyes.
(You are growing very sleepy.)
The level dusty area
now a little worn,
a little frayed and tattered.
Not the same.
Yes, you can see where it stood (held sway).
But now
it
is
gone.
Gone.
Over.
Yes.
I know.
I went and looked there.

By: Elizabeth Molin                               
2/3/11                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your respectful comments, but will not accept anonymous ones.